[Samba] Need a little help here.

Keith Williams ikw38 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 9 06:09:04 GMT 2003

Hi all,
I am back for more punishment-
Anyway I reinstalled my Linux using SuSe 8.2 pro. I did not install the
defualt Samba , instead I got the latest tarball for 3.0b2
I also installed webmin.
Now it comes up with error

 "The Samba server executable /usr/sbin/smbd was not found. Either Samba
is not installed on your system or your module configuration is
incorrect."

Now when I downloaded it I stored it on the Desktop and used terminal to
extract it and install it from there.

How can I fix this problem? Or is there a way to uninstall it without
redoing the whole thing again?

Sorry for my mistake but any help would be greatly apreciated.

K Williams