[Samba] Need a little help here.

kenneth.westelinck at tiscali.be kenneth.westelinck at tiscali.be
Wed Jul 9 06:13:51 GMT 2003

If you extract the tarball, do a ./configure, make and make install, then
samba will be installed in /usr/local/samba. The daemons (smbd, nmbd) reside
underneath /usr/local/samba/bin. If this is not wat you want, try to fiddle
with the --prefix options for the ./configure script. You can see all options
when you type ./configure --help. Maybe there's a possibility to tell Webmin
where to look for samba ... I don't use this, so I am not sure

>-- Origineel Bericht --
>From: Keith Williams <ikw38 at comcast.net>
>To: samba at samba.org
>Date: 09 Jul 2003 01:06:11 -0500
>Subject: [Samba] Need a little help here.
>

>Hi all,
I am back for more punishment-
Anyway I reinstalled my Linux using SuSe 8.2 pro. I did not install the
defualt Samba , instead I got the latest tarball for 3.0b2
I also installed webmin.
Now it comes up with error

 "The Samba server ex
>cutable /usr/sbin/smbd was not found. Either Samba
is not installed on your system or your module configuration is
incorrect."

Now when I downloaded it I stored it on the Desktop and used terminal to
extract it and install it from there.

How c
>n I fix this problem? Or is there a way to uninstall it without
redoing the whole thing again?

Sorry for my mistake but any help would be greatly apreciated.

K Williams