[Samba] Samba3b2, solaris, AD suport and libiconv.
greg.robinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Jul 9 00:49:01 GMT 2003
I am attempting to build samba3 beta2 for AD support, and I've run into a brick wall.
I am using Solaris 2.7 and 2.9, with gcc 2.95.2, with krb5-1.2.8 and (now) libiconv-1.9.1
Firstly, I am getting errors of the like:
Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so': ld.so.1: ./smbclient: fatal:
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so: open failed: No such file or directory
Conversion from UTF8 to CP850 not supported
I found an obscure reference about compiling libiconv and using that, and sure enough, the configure
script in samba references the same. So I did, and have now got the following error:
example% ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba3 --with-krb5=/usr/local/kerberos --with-
(Both kerberos and libiconv compiled with no problems).
checking whether pututline returns pointer... yes
checking for ut_syslen in utmpx... yes
checking for iconv in /usr/local/iconv... yes
checking for working iconv... no
configure: WARNING: Sufficient support for iconv function was not found.
Install libiconv from http://freshmeat.net/projects/libiconv/ for better charset compatibility!
checking for Linux kernel oplocks... no
checking for kernel change notify support... no
checking for kernel share modes... no
checking for IRIX kernel oplock type definitions... no
checking for irix specific capabilities... no
checking for int16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for int32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for conflicting AUTH_ERROR define in rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code. Aborting config
The configure script doesn't work very well. I have also tested this on Linux and FreeBSD as they
have libiconv integrated into their system. Solaris 9 does as well, but I'm unsure of the setup.
Anyways, samba3's configure script refuses to say that my /usr/local/iconv installation works.
On FreeBSD I first used the builtin libiconv package, and the test passed. I then removed the
More information about the samba