[Samba] Max Print Jobs Problem

Chuck Stuettgen cstuettgen at myrealbox.com
Sat Jul 5 19:35:36 GMT 2003

I have setup a dedicated print server running on RH 8 with Samba
2.2.5-10 and LPRng-3.8.9-6 to service a HP9000 printer. The print queue
for this HP9000 gets it print jobs from a Windows server via a script
and the queue is set to HOLDALL status.  The HOLDALL status is necessary
because the script runs overnight to produce the print jobs which can
total anywhere from 500 to 12,000 individual print jobs.

My problem is that samba defaults to accepting up to 1000 print jobs
then starts discarding print jobs.

I have edited smb.conf and added both

Max Print Jobs = 20000
Total Print Jobs = 21000

But it still doesn't work.  Once the queue reaches 1000 print jobs it
starts deleting print jobs to make room for the newer print jobs being
created by the script.

Can anyone give me some advice on what I'm missing..

--
Chuck Stuettgen <cstuettgen at myrealbox.com>