[Samba] FreeBSD & Machine accounts

Adam Smith adam.smith at sageautomation.com
Tue Jan 28 00:02:01 GMT 2003

Due to FreeBSD not allowing '$' in usernames, and because I have to add
a machine account for each computer I add to my Samba domain, what can I
do to try and accomplish the following?

1.  Automate FreeBSD to allow me to add machines to a domain the same
way Windows lets you do it from the workstation.

2.  Add user accounts which incorporate '$' without having to create a
different account first, and then edit a $ suffix manually afterwards.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to whether these can/can't be done?

My FreeBSD installation is version 5.0.

--
Adam Smith
Information Technology Officer