[Samba] RE: xp doesnt log out

Jonathan Dean J.S.Dean at exeter.ac.uk
Wed Jan 22 16:38:47 GMT 2003

The postexec tag allows code to be executed on the samba server not on the
workstation.
The best idea would be to use a logoff script on the windows machine, but I
think with xp this requires the use of group policies.
You could always include the 'net use' command as the first command in a
logon script.
smb.conf allows you to specify a logon script. See,
http://samba.mirror.ac.uk/samba/docs/man/smb.conf.5.html#LOGONSCRIPT

Hope that helps,
Jon.

--
Jonathan Dean
jon.dean at deanuk.net             www.jondean.com

Dept. Computer Science, University of Exeter, UK.
j.s.dean at ex.ac.uk               www.dcs.ex.ac.uk

Network Manager, Dean UK Networks.
root at deanuk.net         www.deanuk.net