[Samba] writing to samba shared directory & printer sharing

Martin Hudec corwin at corwin.sk
Thu Jan 16 01:35:01 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I have RedHat 7.3 as server with samba, and I am trying to write (save) an
openoffice document there to public directory from Mandrake 9 client. It
shows me that i cannot write there. Public directory is set as follows
(usernames and passwords are same on server and on client)

[public]
        comment = Public Stuff
        path = /data
        public = yes
        writable = yes
        printable = no
        write list = aben corwin abes beci
        create mode = 0777
        directory mode = 0777

Can anyone help me? I also do not know how to share HP LJ 6L from WinXP client
on RedHat server to other clients (mixed Win9X, Mandrake clients). Can anyone
point me to solution please?

Thanx

Martin Hudec
www:    http://www.corwin.sk