[Samba] writing to samba shared directory & printer sharing

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Jan 16 02:09:01 GMT 2003

Why not get rid of the write list?
Do you really know which user account your users are signing on with?
This is what I do for a public share:

# Global parameters
[global]
	security = SHARE
	guest account = ftp
	strict sync = Yes

[AllFiles]
	comment = All Files
	path = /
	read only = no
	guest ok =  yes

Now, the user will only have the privileges of user ftp, which may be quite
limited.

For your second question, is the printer attached to the XP machine or the
linux machine?

Joel