[Samba] How do I get the @#$$% job name to show instead of smbprn.yada.ya da?

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Thu Jan 16 01:57:01 GMT 2003

If the file name is right in /tmp/J, then it looks like samba is working ok.

I guess the question would be, does your version of lpr support the -J
option? lpr -H shows all the options.

What happens if you just print a file on your linux server (with the printer
turned off) with:

lpr  -J"This is my banner" FileToPrint

lpq should show something like this:

 Rank   Owner/ID                   Class Job  Files               Size Time
active  jlh at hammer2+227               A  227 This is my banner  24 20:43:27

Joel