[Samba] New Users wont authenticate.

Kevin Smith ksmith at perfht.com
Thu Feb 20 13:53:27 GMT 2003

Im using Samba 2.2.7a  on my RH7.3 box. The 3 users I have had on the system
work flawlessly, but when I add a new user (userconf,  adduser, smbpasswd
-a) the system takes the user, it exists in both PSSWD files, but won't
allow logging on from the Win9x box.
I look in /var/log/messages and it doesn't tell me anything, nor do my
etc/samba/log.smbd-nmbd files, is there a particular switch or configuration
in smb.conf that tells it to update the /etc/pamd/passdb file?
I feel this is one of those "cant see the forest for the trees" situations,
any assistance is appreciated.

Kev