[Samba] Swat shows smbd as not running when it is and had worked fine the day before.

Ed Asbury easbury at vogeleamerica.com
Tue Feb 18 15:05:30 GMT 2003

What have I done wrong? Swat consistently shows the smbd daemon as not
running (when it indeed is).  It shows the nmbd daemon as running and
everything else is working fine.  What setting, where, have I messed up. I
turned off all firewalling to see if that was the problem and still have the
same response.  I can supply an smb.conf if needed.  I have searched the web
and all of the archives I know of and only found one unanswered newsgroup
message that had the same problem.  I could truly use some help as I've
spent about 6 (work) hours looking for the answer to this.