[Samba] User Manager For Domains - SAMBA 3.0.1-2

Erik Holst Trans eht at it-trans.dk
Fri Dec 26 18:05:32 GMT 2003

Hi,

I,m running Samba 3.0.1-2  on a RedHat 9.0 box, and would like to use
the "User Manager for Domains" tool to control users and groups.
But i can't get it to work proberly.

Deleting users and groups, change group membership on users works fine,
but adding users and groups does not.

I have tried to find out how well the "User Manager for Domains" is
supported in Samba 3.0.1-2, but without success.
Does anybody have some experience with this tool ?

In my smb.conf i have added the following lines:

//--snip--//

add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false
-M "%u"
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd "%u"
add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd "%g"
add user to group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -a "%u" "%g"
delete user from group script = /usr/bin/gpasswd -d "%u" "%g"
set primary group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -g "%g" "%u"
delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u"
delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel "%g"

Best regards
Erik Holst Trans