[Samba] Errors in syslog after /etc/fstab mounts

Rob Casinghino samba at transparentmeat.net
Fri Dec 26 17:01:01 GMT 2003

These are showing up when I mount my smbfs shares;
==> /var/adm/sy log <==
Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft
Dec 26 11:50:02 jimothy kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option soft

This has happened with "rsize" and "wsize" which i used to have at the
beginning of my /etc/fstab line.

Im really concerned that its not taking any of the options im passing in.

Scenario: linux 2.6.0, samba 3.0.1 to a Win2K machine's shares/

my lines in /etc/fstab

//blitzwing/c   /blitzwing/cdrive       smbfs   soft,ip=192.168.1.2,ro,username=linux,password=XXXXXX,workgroup=NEBULA    0        0

Any suggestions?