[Samba] Domain join OK, but testjoin not and authentications not working.

pivert pivert at ibelgique.com
Fri Dec 26 16:33:56 GMT 2003

Dear all,

This is now for weeks that I try to get samba working again. This is
urgent as all users profiles are on this server.
Everything was working well, until we got Welchia Virus. We removed the
virus, and updated our servers to SP3 + Windows2000-KB823980-x86-ENU.exe
patch.

I removed the SP and the Patch, but I'm still unable to correctly join
the domain.
I upgraded to Samba 3.0.1 without success.
The LinuxServer account is well added on the Win2KServer through the
Active directory.
I added the admin password with wbinfo --set-auth-user...
A win2K WS can join the domain.

Please help, I'm out of ideas.

I always have the same symptoms :

LinuxServer samba # net rpc join -S Win2KServer -U Administrator
Password:
Joined domain DOMAIN.
LinuxServer samba # net rpc testjoin
[2003/12/26 18:17:03, 0, pid=5079]
rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(249)
  cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
[2003/12/26 18:17:03, 0, pid=5079] utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_ok(73)
  Error in domain join verfication (fresh connection)
Join to domain 'DOMAIN' is not valid
LinuxServer samba # wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_NOLOGON_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT (0xc0000199)
Could not check secret
LinuxServer samba #