[Samba] Printers and other stuff

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Dec 22 18:15:01 GMT 2003

Joe C. wrote:

> Could this be the reason I am having trouble? Does Samba work
> better with CUPS as opposed to BSD? Inquiring minds want to know.

   Well, I'm publishig a couple of Solaris printer queues out via Smaba with few enough pains. And, to up the ante, I'm going to start managing the quqwued jobs with a program called Xi-Text. So no, CUPS isn't the _only_ game in town -- but there's a lot more players at that table than any other. :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator