[Samba] Solaris Winbind LDAP pam_mkhomedir.so

Ganguly, Sapan Sapan.Ganguly at thalesgroup.com
Wed Dec 17 16:43:15 GMT 2003

OK, I definitely know that winbind is working now, I tried logging in at the
console and a message comes up -

Pam_winbind[413]: user 'nt_user' granted access

But that is as far as it goes, I don't get a shell prompt.  I eventually
have to do a 'stop + A' and reboot the machine, from now on I'll do a
'telnet localhost' to test it.

Here is what my pam.conf looks like, can you see any errors?

#
#ident	"@(#)pam.conf	1.20	02/01/23 SMI"
#
# Copyright 1996-2002 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
# Use is subject to license terms.
#
# PAM configuration
#
# Unless explicitly defined, all services use the modules
# defined in the "other" section.
#
# Modules are defined with relative pathnames, i.e., they are
# relative to /usr/lib/security/$ISA. Absolute path names, as
# present in this file in previous releases are still acceptable.
#
# Authentication management
#
# login service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
login	auth requisite		pam_authtok_get.so.1
login   auth sufficient         pam_dhkeys.so.1
login   auth sufficient         pam_unix_auth.so.1
login   auth sufficient         pam_dial_auth.so.1
login   auth sufficient         /usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so.1
try_first_pass

#
# rlogin service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth)
#
rlogin	auth sufficient		pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rlogin	auth requisite		pam_authtok_get.so.1
rlogin	auth sufficient		pam_dhkeys.so.1
rlogin	auth sufficient		pam_unix_auth.so.1
rlogin	auth sufficient		/usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so.1
try_first_pass
#
# rsh service (explicit because of pam_rhost_auth,
# and pam_unix_auth for meaningful pam_setcred)
#
rsh	auth sufficient		pam_rhosts_auth.so.1
rsh	auth required		pam_unix_auth.so.1
#
# PPP service (explicit because of pam_dial_auth)
#
ppp	auth requisite		pam_authtok_get.so.1
ppp	auth required		pam_dhkeys.so.1
ppp	auth required		pam_unix_auth.so.1
ppp	auth required		pam_dial_auth.so.1
#
# Default definitions for Authentication management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for authenctication
#
other	auth requisite		pam_authtok_get.so.1
other	auth sufficient		pam_dhkeys.so.1
other	auth sufficient		pam_unix_auth.so.1
other	auth sufficient		/usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so.1
try_first_pass
#
# passwd command (explicit because of a different authentication module)
#
passwd	auth required		pam_passwd_auth.so.1
#
# cron service (explicit because of non-usage of pam_roles.so.1)
#
cron	account required	pam_projects.so.1
cron	account required	pam_unix_account.so.1
#
# Default definition for Account management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for account management
#
other	account requisite	pam_roles.so.1
other	account sufficient	pam_projects.so.1
other	account sufficient	pam_unix_account.so.1
other	account sufficient	/usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so.1
#
# Default definition for Session management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for session management
#
other	session required	pam_unix_session.so.1
other	session sufficient	/usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so.1
#other session sufficient	/usr/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so.1
umask=0022
#
# Default definition for  Password management
# Used when service name is not explicitly mentioned for password management
#
other	password required	pam_dhkeys.so.1
other	password requisite	pam_authtok_get.so.1
other	password requisite	pam_authtok_check.so.1
other	password required	pam_authtok_store.so.1
#
# Support for Kerberos V5 authentication (uncomment to use Kerberos)
#
#rlogin		auth optional		pam_krb5.so.1 try_first_pass
#login		auth optional		pam_krb5.so.1 try_first_pass
#other		auth optional		pam_krb5.so.1 try_first_pass
#cron		account optional 	pam_krb5.so.1
#other		account optional 	pam_krb5.so.1
#other		session optional 	pam_krb5.so.1
#other		password optional 	pam_krb5.so.1 try_first_pass