[Samba] samba 3.0.1 policies

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 17 17:02:20 GMT 2003

Hi,

We are considering samba 3.0.1 as a replacement for our old-hag Windows
NT4.0 Server PDC. However, we do want some policy control, and from the
samba 3.0.0 documentation (23.3), it says the only current functional
policy is the password expirey. Is this still true in samba 3.0.1?

Can an NT4.0 server be a backup domain controller to samba 3.0.1 PDC? That
way we can keep the NT4 machine around and create the NTConfig.POL on that
machine, and store it on the samba 3 PDC. Is that possible?

Is there any way that samba 3 PDC (NT4/2K/XP clients) can run a script on
a client either during logon or logoff events? Or is this a policy thing?

Thanks in advance,

Alex
   Alex Lazarevich | Systems Administrator | Imaging Technology Group
            Beckman Institute - University of Illinois
       alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu | (217)244-1565 | www.itg.uiuc.edu