[Samba] Overriding winbind template shell

Joe Blow sambaigen2004 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 16:41:43 GMT 2003

Folks,

I have Samba 3.0 running on SuSE 9.0 using winbindd to
authenticate my users.  Everthing works properly. I
have set the template shell for winbind to /bin/false
as I don't want to give everyone shell access to the
server.

However, there are some users that require shell
access. How can I set a real shell for those domain
users that need a shell on the machine ?  What's the
procedure for overriding the winbind default of /bin
false for selected users?

Thanks,

-C