[Samba] Domain account

Dede NURMANSYAH dede.nurmansyah at internationalsos.com
Wed Dec 17 04:35:05 GMT 2003

Dear All,

Sorry if this question has been posted before but there's no enough answer
to solved my problem and I'm going crazy because of it....:(

I'm currently installed Samba-2.2.8a as logon server on My FreeBSD 5.0.
For Win 9.X client there's no problem at all. But when I tried to joining
W2K client into  samba domain it's shown an error message such as :

   "the account used is a computer account. use your global user account or
local user account to access this server "

I've already used root account to joining W2K client into my Samba Server
and already put @wheel in domain admin group on my smb.conf too.
Before that I've already added machine account using vipw into my passwd
file.
I hope there's anybody who could show me the missing part that I've forgot.

Sorry if my English makes you confused. :)

Regards,
Dede Nurmansyah

Here's my global part of smb.conf
[global]
             workgroup = NIX
             netbios name = FreeBSD
             server string = Samba 2.2.8a on FreeBSD 5.0
            encrypt passwords = yes
            domain admin group = @wheel, @smbuser
            domain logons = yes
            os level = 65