[Samba] Re: Group mapping problem

Jérôme Fenal jerome.fenal at logicacmg.com
Mon Dec 15 12:55:11 GMT 2003

Gonzalo Aguilera wrote:
>     Hi,
>
>         I have Samba 3 as Domain controller. From a Windows 2000 Professional I share a folder (c:\test) with access permission for certain domain user (MYDOMAIN\yo). I can access to that folder from other w2000 with that user validated into it. If I add that user to a unix group (domadm) and map this group to Domain Admins (net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=domadm) and change w2000 shared folder access permission for group MYDOMAIN\Domain Admins I get Access Denied. What's wrong?
>
>     Thanks.
Please include more informations about your setup :
- What sam type are you using (tdb, ldap, etc.) ?
- Include a copy of testparm output
- Include the content of the mapping (ie. which RID dd you give to the
domadmin group?)
- What version of Samba 3 (3.0.0, 3.0.1pre?, 3.0.1rc?)
- and any more information that would be valuable to answer you

Regards,

Jérôme

--
Jérôme Fenal - Consultant Unix/SAN/Logiciel Libre
Groupe Expert & Managed Services - LogicaCMG France