[Samba] Re: USRMGR.EXE won't add user

Karel Kulhavý clock at twibright.com
Fri Dec 12 08:28:27 GMT 2003

> > long stupid passwd).  The user wasn't in the database. Then clicked OK.
> Never
> > managed to add user this way.
> >
> > CVS head 2003-12-10: "Access is denied"
> > 3.0.1rc1:            "Access is denied"
> > 3.0.1rc2:            "Access is denied"
> > 3.0.0:               "Access is denied"
>
> I'm not sure if this is of any help, but did you map the NT groups to the
> Unix groups?
> i.e., "net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=domadm"?

Yes, this is my script that automatically sets up Samba for tests
(I run it after "make install".)

 /
 \_____________________________________________________________________________
 /
| #!/bin/bash
|
| spt=/usr/local/samba
|
| cp $spt/my/my* $spt/bin/
| cp $spt/my/smb.conf $spt/lib/
| cp $spt/my/lmhosts $spt/lib/
| pdbedit -m -a -u neptun
| net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=domadm
| net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=smbusers
| net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Guests" unixgroup=nobody
| /etc/init.d/samba start
| echo Enter password for root:
| pdbedit -a -u root
| echo Enter password for test:
| pdbedit -a -u test

and from /etc/group:
domadm:x:412:admin,root

So that root is even a member of Domain Admins - and still I can't add users.
What can I do is move users into a group and change their description
from Windows.

Cl<