[Samba] rpcclient / adddriver returns WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

Arnst, Rainer Rainer.Arnst at ee-consultants.de
Tue Dec 9 12:09:14 GMT 2003

Am Die, den 09.12.2003 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle um 12:58:
> This error typically occurs, if you haven't any driver files waiting
> to be "adddriver-ed", laying in "[print$]/W32/X86/"
>
> Once you run "rpcclient....adddriver", and it fails, you will have to
> re-assure that *all* the original files are still in place. (A partially
> succeeding "adddriver" may have moved the files already to the "2" or
> "3" subdirectories!

I already moved the files into the subdirs 2 and 3 myself... oops. Thank
you.

> But your description is not clear at all. On the one hand you say you
> had used the "APW", on the other you are quoting the "rpcclient...
> ...adddriver" command in isolation.

I had tried the APW-Approach first of all, following the step-by-step
guide from the howto, but could not get windows to behave like described
in the How-To. Then I tried the other approach given. The rpcclient
command was not an isolated action.

Thank you very much again. I hope I can get it to work now.

Greetings,
Rainer