[Samba] [CSI] smb.conf share definition "force group =" option

Mlist mlist at linux-house.net
Wed Dec 3 17:26:38 GMT 2003

Dear John, i am wondering whether u have solved this....i had problems earlier
with options such as;

1. only user
2. force create mode
3.force directory mode

the options  didn't seem to work ( on samba v 2.2.7a).

I solved the problem for our club by just working on chmod 0777 and using
option "valid user , write list " to make files/folders writable for certain
individuals who are working on similar things...

bye,
mlist.