[Samba] can't add a user to Samba with Ldap passwd backend

Wim Moons wimmoons2 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 2 13:51:51 GMT 2003

Whem i want to add a user to samba, witch act as a PDC, with LDAP passwd
backend i get the following error:

Problem during LDAPsearch: No such object
Query was: , (&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=TESTVGC.WIM))
pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the
domain
pdb_init_ldapsam: Continuing on regardless, will be unable to allocate new
users/groups, and will risk BDCs having inconsistant SIDs
smbldap_search_suffix: searching
for:[(&(uid=wim)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))]
smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search:  (No such object)
smbldap_search_suffix: Query was: ,
(&(uid=wim)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))
ldapsam_search_one_group: searching
for:[(&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(gidNumber=1000))]
ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem during the LDAP search: LDAP error:  (No
such object)ldapsam_search_one_group: Query was: ,
(&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(gidNumber=1000))
smbldap_search_suffix: searching
for:[(&(uid=wim)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))]
smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search:  (No such object)
smbldap_search_suffix: Query was: ,
(&(uid=wim)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))
Failed to add entry for user wim.
Failed to modify password entry for user wim

can somebody say me what is wrong, because I can't find any solution on the
net.

Wim