[Samba] Re: Help getting Samba to work (duplicate name on the network!)

Jamrock news_jamrock at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 23:38:19 GMT 2003

Do you want the Samba machine to be a primary domain controller?

If so I would suggest looking at the following documents.  They helped me to
set up Samba.  You already have it installed so you can ignore the section
on installation.

Start with the one at IBM and take it step by step.

Do you have a line stating "netbios name = xxxx" in your smb.conf file?
This tells Samba what name to use in network neighbourhood.

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/tutorials/samba/index.html

http://networking.earthweb.com/netos/article.php/1144701

http://networking.earthweb.com/netos/article.php/1151091

Remember to include the

domain logons = yes

command in your smb.conf file.  This is required for Windows 2000/XP  logons
even though the literature suggests otherwise.

"Nadia Kunkov" <nadiak at parkerglobal.com> wrote in message
news:151954CE82EC3249A2B2A933CECB747E63ED87 at MAIL01.CONNECT.CONNECTAPPS.NET..