[Samba] Print Job Names Are Obscure

Joel Hammer Joel at hammershome.com
Tue Aug 12 01:39:39 GMT 2003

This works for me with lprng:

[ps]
	comment = Filtered for Z53
	path = /tmp
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.
	printable = Yes
	printing = lprng
 	print command = echo %J %p %s  >>  /tmp/junkJ;\
                       a="`echo '%J' | sed "s/^.*- //"`" ;\
	               echo This is truncated $a >> /tmp/junkJ;\
                       /usr/bin/lpr -Pps  -J"$a"  %s;\
                        rm %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Pps
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Pps %j
	lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold ps %j
	lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release ps %j
	share modes = No
        use client driver = yes

The truncation is to get rid of the boilerplate with which some programs prefix their
print job names.

Joel