[Samba] smbmount failure

Martin samail at sebastian.nl
Mon Aug 11 11:44:33 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to mount a bunch of WindowsXP Pro shares to a Linux computer
using Samba.
I use the following line to do so:

    /sbin/mount -t smbfs //winxp/share /mntpoint -o ro,guest

There are about 25 WinXP shares that need to be mounted, all contained in
one directory on the WinXP computer. For now, sharing & mounting the
superdirectory of those shares is not an option, so what I have to do is
issue 25 mount commands. However, after 4 successfull mounts, mount stops
working leaving me with

    tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

When I umount one of the successfull mounts and mount another, it works
perfectly.
Is the number of mounts limited by WinXP or Samba to 4? Any solution,
workaround?

Thanks,

Martin