[Samba] Samba 3.0 and solaris 8

Giovanni Romanenghi giovanni at sorint.it
Mon Aug 11 12:36:50 GMT 2003

Samba 3.0 beta3 and solaris.

I have a problem with samba 3.0 and solaris. When I compile samba with
the default option I received this error
ber_printf                          passdb/pdb_ldap.o  (symbol belongs
to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_init                            libads/ldap.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_flatten                         passdb/pdb_ldap.o  (symbol belongs
to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_scanf                           libads/ldap.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_memfree                         passdb/pdb_ldap.o  (symbol belongs
to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_bvdup                           libads/ldap.o  (symbol belongs to
implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_bvfree                          passdb/pdb_ldap.o  (symbol belongs
to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_free                            passdb/pdb_ldap.o  (symbol belongs
to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ber_alloc_t                         passdb/pdb_ldap.o  (symbol belongs
to implicit dependency /usr/local/lib/liblber.so.2)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to bin/smbd
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `bin/smbd'

I have install openldap 2.07 , the libgcc but the problem is the same

What is the problem?

Bye Giovanni