[Samba] DID IT! - Samba 2.2.8a+LDAP+PDC

Beast beast at setuid.com
Sat Aug 9 05:33:11 GMT 2003

Saturday, August 9, 2003, 8:17:20 AM, Jeremy wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 07:28:41PM -0500, PHELPS, SCOTT wrote:
>> I am so stoked I just had to share this with y'all.
>>
>> I just "SEAMLESSLY" migrated all of my machines and users over to my new
>> Gentoo Linux Server.

How many clients?
How many domain?
How many site?
Any req. for wins replication?
Is ther any 'special' requirement such as password complexcity,
account lockout after x bad attemps, logon from x ws etc?

>> I even kept the same: domain name and old PDC NetBios name.
>> The trickiest part was getting all of the users to keep their same
>> profile, but I managed that by cloning the RID and Lanman/NT hashes for
>> the user accounts.
>>
>> Free at last!
>>
>> # include <much_backpatting.h>

> Cool ! Congratulations ! What a nice post :-). I always explain
> to people I meet that Samba is the worst piece of software in
> the world because no one ever comes up to me and tells me it
> just works - they always say : "but I have this one problem....".

This because we always compare samba network with NT network (or it
should be like that?)

--beast