[Samba] DID IT! - Samba 2.2.8a+LDAP+PDC

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Sat Aug 9 01:17:20 GMT 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 07:28:41PM -0500, PHELPS, SCOTT wrote:
> I am so stoked I just had to share this with y'all.
>
> I just "SEAMLESSLY" migrated all of my machines and users over to my new
> Gentoo Linux Server.
>
> I even kept the same: domain name and old PDC NetBios name.
> The trickiest part was getting all of the users to keep their same
> profile, but I managed that by cloning the RID and Lanman/NT hashes for
> the user accounts.
>
> Free at last!
>
> # include <much_backpatting.h>

Cool ! Congratulations ! What a nice post :-). I always explain
to people I meet that Samba is the worst piece of software in
the world because no one ever comes up to me and tells me it
just works - they always say : "but I have this one problem....".

Nice to hear about a success :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy.