[Samba] msdfs problems

Shirish Kalele kalele at veritas.com
Tue Apr 29 18:05:16 GMT 2003

Sorry, but afraid the logs aren't clean; I need logs that start from the
point a workstation makes a TCP connection to Samba. The log indicates
that the client is navigating the share using non-DFS requests. It could
either be something in the negotiation phase (missed by the log), or
some setting on the client itself.

Could you do this:
1. Power down the client.
2. Kill smbd on the server and remove all log files.
3. Start smbd on the server.
4. Power up the client.
5. Connect to the dfs share and then 'cd' into the folder1.
6. Send me the level 10 log generated.

If this is a production server and you can't do this, we'll have to do
this in a different way, let me know.

Thanks,
Shirish