[Samba] redirecting requests

Saqib Ali saqib at seagate.com
Mon Apr 28 17:39:39 GMT 2003

howdy all,

I have about 15 linux based samba server servers, sharing a folder:
//server1/sharefolder
//server2/sharefolder
//server15/sharefolder

Now I want want to redirect request from the client machine to one of
these SMB shares based on the client IP address.

So basically I want all the client machines to use //server/sharefolder
and then the redirecting server to resolv the actuall name of the server
( i.e. server1 or server3 etc), based on the IP address of the client.

I want to do something similar to what the mod_rewrite would do for apache.

Any ideas on how this could be implemented?

Thanks
Saqib Ali