[Samba] Configuring password expiration with SAMBA

Eirik Thorsnes eirik.thorsnes at fys.uib.no
Thu Apr 17 23:11:17 GMT 2003

Russ Haskett wrote:
> I have been researching this for some time and have run into nothing but
> walls. My local LUG has basically told me this won't work or at least
> that no-one in the group has gotten it to work.
>
> I am trying to setup some SAMBA servers to replace some NT and Novell
> servers but I have been informed, by higher powers, that I must be able
> to do password aging with whatever I setup (like passwords expiring in
> 40 days and users being able to change their passwords).

Have you tried searching the archives for this list?
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com)
>From my memory of recent threads on this it was suggested that LDAP is a
solution (it could be that you need to jump to samba-3.0alpha for good
integration with LDAP).

Eirik Thorsnes

--
"Nothing would please me more than being able to
hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

We are still waiting ....