[Samba] An OK too much when starting smb service

Marco De Vitis starless at supereva.it
Thu Apr 17 21:24:28 GMT 2003

Hi, I've got a question, mostly out of curiosity, because my Mandrake
Linux 9.0 + Samba 2.2.8a is actually working fine.

Whenever I (re)start Samba by issuing "service smb start", I get the
following output:

[root at localhost marco]# service smb start
Avvio servizi SMB:                                            [   OK   ]
Avvio servizi NMB:                                            [   OK   ]
[root at localhost marco]#                                       [   OK   ]

The first two "OK"s are fine, but what is the 3rd one related to? What's
more, it doesn't appear immediately; it appears one minute (or so) after
I started the service. And, as you can see from the output, it does not
"take a line on its own", it is just overwritten on the current shell
line.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.

..."Big Band Record", Ray Anderson 1994