[Samba] win ME/Samba connection

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Apr 17 15:33:20 GMT 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Bob McLaughlin wrote:

> Ok, believe it or not, I've looked through all 209 pages of the
> Samba-HOWTO_Collection.pdf plus used this mail list and other internet
> sources, used those recommendations, tried almost every possible
> iteration on the samba.conf file, looked at logs until nauseated and
> have concluded that there is no way that Windows ME can connect to a
> Linux box using Samba. Connecting to the WinME box from Linux works
> fine. I hope someone can prove me wrong.  Please don't send me any
> sympathy or 'works for me' mail unless you include the exact UNC used on
> the WinME machine, how to find the server/user names you used, and the
> configuration files. Remember we are talking WinME only!  TIA

On my network I have three (3) WinME boxes that log onto a Samba-2.2.8
network and mount samba shares (off my SuSE Linux servers) without any
problems.

Please send me you rsmb.conf file (off list) and I will review it for you.
After I get a handle on how you are configuring samba we will need to
address:
	1. Do you have any firewall settings on your samba server?
	2. What are the TCP/IP settings on your MS WinME boxes?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org