[Samba] Re: netatalk/samba (fwd)

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Apr 17 14:58:20 GMT 2003

Folks,

FYI.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:47:50 +0000 (GMT)
From: John H Terpstra <jht at samba.org>
To: Malte Weber <m_weber at wiwa.de>
Cc: samba-technical at samba.org
Subject: Re: netatalk/samba

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Malte Weber wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> I unfortunately wasn't able to attend SambaXP, had to work here..
>
> My problem is locale-based, as I have moved the files formerly located
> on one of the mac's on the netatalk server, the umlauts and special
> characters are now in the ':AB'-hex-encoding used by netatalk, and I
> have not yet managed to get those characters correctly displayed on the
> windows clients. Could you tell me the settings you used for the
> codepages etc. on netatalk & samba?

Since I use US english only this is not a problem for me. You would need
to check what the character encoding methods for your version of Samba and
of NetAtalk are. Please send me your smb.conf and your
AppleVolumes.default files as well as what version of each product
(netatalk and Samba) that you are running. I will check into this for you
also.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra