[Samba] Slow connection

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Thu Apr 17 06:23:43 GMT 2003

Yes why not try a crossover cable?  But I must say, a Dlink switch and an
SiS NIC would always arouse my suspicions :)  Even if you have a 10Mb card
in the Server then you might find that improves things (sorry I can't
remember your original benchmarks).

Yes you can use Ethereal to capture the packets or if you are not using a
gui on Linux, capture traffic with tcpdump and then view it in Ethereal on a
Windoze machine.