[Samba] add user script

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Sun Apr 13 20:47:15 GMT 2003

Hello,
	Trying to get an rh9 box running samba 2.2.7 to act as a pdc. I've got
an issue with my add user script to add machine accounts to the domain.
Here is what that parameter looks like:
add user script=/usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
	the problem is %u is not expanding to the name of the machine being
added, if i run the script manually and substitute the MachineName$ of
the joining machine that works, after a restart of smb, however if i just
try to join the domain, i get an error that the domain can not be found
or contacted.
	Also, the unix password sync parameters are not working, i used
smbpasswd to add a samba user, one that also has a unix account, and gave
said user a different password, such changes were not reflected on the
Unix side. The parameters i used are right out of the default rh9
smb.conf file.
	Any ideas?
Thanks.
Dave.