[Samba] nmbd woes (still)

James list_mail at softhome.net
Tue Apr 15 07:40:07 GMT 2003

I feel that all aspects of smbd are working correctly, I can map drives
browse shares etc...
simply by accessing the shares via a location bar \\machine\share.
It's just the machine doesn't appear in the my network places workgroup.

Could it be that nmbd doesn't like non 0xffffffff netmasks?  I wish nmbd was
more thoroughly
documented.  The manpage offers no help.