[Samba] dfs replication

Michael Piko michael at piko.com.au
Wed Apr 9 03:01:00 GMT 2003

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe not an entire file system, but MS does support file replication
through the "File Replication Service" (FRS).
FRS is the service used primarily to replicate Active Directory between
domain controllers.

In a domain model, you can set up replicas with a domain dfs shares so that
when a file is modified on one, the changes are replicated to the other. (It
is a bit dodgy though!)