[Samba] Using linux as PDC in win2000 envirnoment

Mr.George sanoj200 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 20 18:54:01 GMT 2002

Dear Linux gurus,

I am starter in samba  trying to connect my NT workstation to my linux server.At the client side when i am trying to connect my NT workstation to linux ,it asking me for a password and user name to connect.But the swat documentation says it shouldnt ask for no user name and password ,it should connect me directly saying "WELCOME TO X DOMAIN".then reboot the computer and log in using the samba user name and password  to get authenticted in to the linux server.

Pls can you tell me what is wrong

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Sanoj george