AW: [Samba] cannot write to file

Christian Rothe crothe at ZES.com
Tue Sep 3 12:53:01 GMT 2002

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Knut Ove Hauge [mailto:feb2000info at yahoo.no]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 3. September 2002 14:17
An: Christian Rothe
Betreff: Re: [Samba] cannot write to file

You must login as root and change the ownership of the files usin chmod
+orwx+rwx+rwx opens the files for everybody as write read and execute.

All my files have mode 0777 and I am member of the file's group. I tryed
to find some information in the smb- and nmb- log files, but I could'nt.
Then I tryed to find some problematical system calls by starting with
'strace /usr/local/samba/bin/smbd' and '.../nmbd' but the own listed
problem was with the etc/shadow file.
If I do the same on another SuSE6.3 machine everything works fine. Maybe
the installation of the Suse distribution installed something that I
forgott on my PDA, but what??

Christian