[Samba] Is 2.2.6 Final?

Markus Schabel markus.schabel at tgm.ac.at
Mon Oct 28 15:18:01 GMT 2002

John H Terpstra wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, William Jojo wrote:
>
>>Just tought I'd follow up and see if 2.2.6 is truly the last release of
>>samba_2_2 CVS branch.
>>

>Yes, 2.2.6 is the latest stable release.

So there will never be a stable samba again? ;)

>We hope that this will be our
>last update. All samba-team resources are now focussing on getting 3.0.0
>readt for release. Right now 3.0.0 is still changing significantly and we
>would not recommend it's use in a production environment.
>
>>We've got six systems running it with no visible issues.
>>

>If it is not broken then why fix it?

the last version I had problems with was 2.2.3a (on a SuSE system) and
2.2.4 (there were problems with LDAP, all solved since 2.2.5)

>>I'm currently testing CVS from Sunday's pull of 3.0...is this the
>>direction I should be heading?
>>

>Yes. But do your home work. Test, test, test, and give us feedback.

I'm currently working on a PDC for about 300 LDAP-based users, I guess
with LDAP there is no problem when migrating to 3.0? Probably I'll run
the actual CVS parallel....

regards