[Samba] Is 2.2.6 Final?

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Oct 28 14:54:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, William Jojo wrote:

> Just tought I'd follow up and see if 2.2.6 is truly the last release of
> samba_2_2 CVS branch.

Yes, 2.2.6 is the latest stable release. We hope that this will be our
last update. All samba-team resources are now focussing on getting 3.0.0
readt for release. Right now 3.0.0 is still changing significantly and we
would not recommend it's use in a production environment.

> We've got six systems running it with no visible issues.

If it is not broken then why fix it?

> I'm currently testing CVS from Sunday's pull of 3.0...is this the
> direction I should be heading?

Yes. But do your home work. Test, test, test, and give us feedback.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org