[Samba] Another GUI

atom atom at polychrome.pl
Mon Oct 28 10:52:34 GMT 2002

> atom wrote:
> >
> > Well i agree that hiding the special "$" is a good idea.
> >
> > I don't understand how can I parse the smbclient Output wihout the
"Disk"
> > word
> >

> smbclient -L atomix | sed s/'  Disk '//
> Also I noticed you don't care about possible spaces in the share names
> and theys are being passed
> to the web form without "webalization" (replacing with %20).
> One more potential problem with smbclient - it will cut share names that
> are longer than 14 characters. So you may want to find another way of
> getting list of shares. I'm sure there is a Perl module for it.

Well they are actually, everywhere in the functions.php file you will
find urlencode functions when passing parameters like dirs or files also
shares
as variables.

> > Why is it confusing since the software only operates on files. Also
maybe

> Beecause it does not carry useful information since all the shares we
> are interested
> in marked as "Disk".
I'll look for some perl modules for smbclient output parsing.
Maybe that will help.

> > you have an old version
> > of Thor (see fresmeat.net for the latest version).
>

> No, I grabbed it from your site. It si v0.5p1.
>

> > And the auth utility well it work, look at http://212.160.15.90 and
click
> > the Thor Demo, then click the yellow key
> > and you will be prompted for a Login and Password. It's just a simple
link
> > so it should work to that level at least.
> >

> I don't know. In my case it does not happen. I don't get any login
> prompts.

I have to look into that since it's a simple <a href to a file,