[Samba] Another GUI

atom atom at polychrome.pl
Mon Oct 28 00:09:00 GMT 2002

Well i agree that hiding the special "$" is a good idea.

I don't understand how can I parse the smbclient Output wihout the "Disk"
word

> root at puppy:~# smbclient -L atomix
added interface ip=10.1.1.6 bcast=10.1.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Password:
Domain=[NET] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        Filmy          Disk
        E$             Disk      Domylny udzia
        IPC$           IPC       Zdalne wywoanie IPC
        D$             Disk      Domylny udzia
        dzejdzej       Disk
        INSTALKI       Disk
        backup         Disk
        MP             Disk
        warez          Disk
        Loops          Disk
        ADMIN$         Disk      Administracja zdalna
        C$             Disk      Domylny udzia
        sample         Disk
        uklady         Disk

Why is it confusing since the software only operates on files. Also maybe
you have an old version
of Thor (see fresmeat.net for the latest version).

And the auth utility well it work, look at http://212.160.15.90 and click
the Thor Demo, then click the yellow key
and you will be prompted for a Login and Password. It's just a simple link
so it should work to that level at least.

Thank you again for interestng in this.

Atom