[Samba] How do I permit NT Administrator to manage ACL's on s amba file server

Konkol, Josh JKonkol at guidemail.com
Wed Oct 23 13:04:01 GMT 2002

It has been my experience that only the owner of the file and root change
change ACLS on that file.  Since you've stated that Administrator IS the
owner, maybe there's something else.  Are you getting any errors ?  Who is
the owner of the diretory that the folder resides in.  Is the Administrator
given write permissions at the share level?

My work-around for modifying ACL's was to create a hidden share that only
Domain Admins were allowed to access, then for that share I used force user
= root.  That enabled all of my domain admins to modify ACL's on all files
under that share.

I know I've asked more questions than given answers, but sometimes it helps.

Josh