[Samba] Unable to connect MS Lan Manager Client for DOS to SAMBA

Przemyslaw Tokarski przemek at zpk.u.lodz.pl
Wed Oct 23 12:39:01 GMT 2002

Hello!!

 First some facts: The serwer is SAMBA 2.2.1a running on a R.H. Linux
7.2. The client is MS Lan Manager Client 2.2c.0 running under DOS 6.22.
During the client`s installation the option 'Basic' was picked up. SAMBA
is running in share level security. Now I can only connect to SAMBA
shares which are 'guest ok' even when I specify password with the 'net use'
command (e.g. net use \\my_serwer\my_share my_password). Connection
attempts to shares which are not 'guest ok' always return an error. This
is my smb.conf configuration file:

[global]

workgroup = my_workgroup
nam resolve order = host
preferred master = yes
os level = 65
security = share
restrict anonymous = yes
follow symlinks = no
wide links = no
dns proxy = no
load printers = no
client code page = 852
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
lm announce = true
admin users = jk
max log size = 5000

[disk_l]

writeable = yes
create mask = 0640
directory mask = 0750
path = /server/disk_l

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to resolve the aforementioned
problem.

Best regards,
Przemyslaw Tokarski
Lodz, Poland