[Samba] Samba as a NT PDC

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Thu Oct 17 14:58:01 GMT 2002

CARTER is the name of the linux Samba server that is the PDC.

According to my documentation, I am suppsoed to do the following.

1) Create the Unix account:
 /usr/sbin/useradd -c 'Samba PDC for CHERRY_HILL' -M -s /dev/null CARTER$

2) Add a machine account
smbpasswd -a -m CARTER

3) Add it to the domain (which it is the PDC of)
smbpasswd -j CHERRY_HILL

I am NOT adding an XP machine in at this time.  I am setting up the PDC.  So
yes, I DO know what the -j option is for.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company
http://www.rutgersinsurance.com