[Samba] Samba as a NT PDC

Adam Lang aalang at rutgersinsurance.com
Thu Oct 17 14:28:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I have had Samba running for a long time now as a domain controller to win98
computers with no issues.

I have started to modify to allow for the new XP machines we are having.

I added CARTER$ (machine name) to the unix account.

I added it with smbpasswd.

I go to add itself to the domain (smbpasswd -j CHERRY_HILL) and I get this
error:
No password server list given in smb.conf - unable to join domain.

Now it says password server should not point to itself in TFM.  I tried
lookign through the archives and didn't find anything.  I am not sure what
direction to go from here.

Adam Lang
Systems Engineer
Rutgers Casualty Insurance Company